Chicken Fajitas with Soured Cream and Avocado Salsa
A real taste of Mexico great for sharing with family and friends.
- Serves: 6
- Start by making the marinade for the chicken. Combine the juice of 1 lime, paprika, cumin, garlic, half the oil, oregano and half the chillies in a bowl. Place the chicken strips into this at least 4 hours before cooking.
- Make the salsa 2 hours in advance. Take half the diced onion and mix with the zest and juice of the other lime and the vinegar. Mix in the chopped parsley, rest of the chillies, half the coriander, tomatoes and avocado. Season to taste.
- Leave to rest for 1 hour.
- When you are ready to assemble the fajitas, heat some of the oil in a large frying pan and sauté the rest of the onions until brown. Then add the courgettes and peppers and cook for 2 minutes. Take out of the pan and keep warm.
- In the same pan, heated until fairly hot, add a little oil, then the drained chicken strips. Fry for about 5 minutes or until cooked, then add the sautéed vegetables and the rest of the coriander. Season to taste.
- Place a little of the mix into each tortilla, top with salsa and soured cream. Roll up loosely and serve.
- 5 chicken breast fillets, cut into 1cm strips
- 2 limes
- half teaspoon paprika
- half teaspoon cumin
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 120ml olive oil
- half teaspoon oregano, chopped
- 2 red chillies, chopped
- 1 red onion, diced
- 50ml white wine vinegar
- handful of flat parsley, chopped
- half bunch coriander, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 110g courgettes, sliced
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- 6 soft Tortillas
- 200g soured cream
Director of Food and Service