Chickpea & spinach curry
A simple and healthy alternative to chicken curry
- Serves: 4
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil into a large pan and add the onion, chickpeas, garlic and spices. Stir until the onion starts to soften (around 5-10 mins).
- Add the aubergine cubes and add remaining oil. Cook for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the aubergine has started to soften.
- Add the tomatoes and seasoning. Cover the pan and simmer over a gentle heat for around 15 minutes until the aubergine has cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the spinach until wilted.
- Serve immediately with rice or pita bread